At ACRC, members gain access to cutting-edge research they can apply to today’s business challenges. Members are actively involved in the research selection process. Our focus is on light metals, non-ferrous alloys and semi-solid processing.
Research Focus Areas
- Alternate eutectic systems
- Aluminum alloy heat treating
- Friction stir processing
- High integrity casting
- Oxide control
Learn More about ACRC’s research projects.
- Research projects are member-driven. Members submit and vote on proposed projects.
- Oversight by an industry steering committee and focus group on each project assures project relevance.
- Four projects are initiated each year.
- Members have royalty-free IP rights to pre-competitive research.
- Members have the option of paying to sponsor proprietary projects.
- ACRC also does large-scale projects funded by the federal government and foundations. These projects keep members informed about leading edge technology.
- Members are trained on all research technology and software updates.