Feeling Cultured: A Night at Little Theatre

by

Fri, Nov 20, 2009

Events

I think Professor Helen Vassallo said it best when she declared that “It grabs you fiercely by the throat in the very first scene and never lets go.”

Tonight I was fortunate to grab a seat at WPI’s department of humanities and arts and masque’s presentation of Arthur Miller’s The Crucible (and a pretty good seat at that). I knew exactly what Professor Vassallo meant when I suddenly realized when the lights came up for intermission that I had been in a trance for the last approximately 45 minutes by the dark set in front of me and absolutely captured by the drama.

Knowing only one person in the production as I walked into the theater, I was surprised to see just how many of the actors/actresses I noticed from around campus! It was quite dramatic to see them transform totally into the characters I recognized from my  11th grade English class reading.

As this was my first WPI theatre production, I can certainly say it will not be my last and will admit that I feel as though I had missed out my last two years here. I won’t give anymore of the play away – certainly not, since you still have Friday and Saturday to come see it for yourself!

Bookmark and Share
,

This post was written by:

avatar

- who has written 54 posts on In Our Words….

Hi all! Welcome to my blog! I'm a senior at WPI studying Management Information Systems, Computer Science and International Studies. I'm from Kingston, MA and on campus, I am a proud member of WPI's women's soccer team and Phi Sigma Sigma (one of three sororities on campus). I am also the secretary of class boards and last year I did my IQP (Interactive Qualifying Project) in Melbourne, Australia for 7 weeks! Boy, do I miss the weather! This year I'll be working with Dynamic DNS to complete my MQP (Major Qualifying Project) and in the spring I'll be saying goodbye to WPI to move into the "real world." Can't think about that quite yet though - must enjoy senior year! Check back often to see how things are going with soccer, MQP, and WPI life in general! :)