Give Blood Play Rugby

by

Tue, Oct 5, 2010

Random

Give Blood Play Rugby

“Rugby is a beastly game played by gentlemen; soccer is a gentleman’s game played by beasts; football is a beastly game played by beasts.” – Henry Blaha

I totally agree with the above statement. Many person who have just watched a game of rugby may cringe at the stuff that happens but once you break it down physically and mentally you see the true elegance that is require.
True many persons have never even seen a rugby game much less played a round of scrimmage and that goes for many of the girls on the WPI Womens Rugby Team. Yet we all have taken the plunge and learned a new game that is oh so fabulous. I’ve played team sports before such as basketball and softball and never have a had team work been such an integral part of either. One star player having a good day does not equal a win but it is a cohesive team effort. We all work as one machine, running together, shifting together, never leaving our friends alone. It truly is a never say die attitude. Even if we lose our coach instead of highlighting our flaws he first encourages us to say the good things then we go through what went wrong, so its always a learning experience.
The WPI Women’s Rugby Team started their season this year with a bang, winning there first game against Babson 24-17 they have since played Rodger Williams and Bentley both were close games but sadly both ended in a loss. We have a game this weekend against Wheaton and I know the ladies a training hard so hopefully my next blog will be about a FAB WIN.

Bookmark and Share

This post was written by:

avatar

- who has written 24 posts on In Our Words….

I'm an Actuarial Math & Management Engineering Major from Kingston, Jamaica. Class 2012 On campus I play Women's Rugby, am a Brother in Alpha Phi Omega a community service fraternity, and am apart of the National Society of Black Engineers.