WWPI: Worcester Officially Thawed Out

by

Wed, Mar 14, 2012

Random

Hello my faithful readers this is your loyal reporting coming to you live once again from the fabulously warm and sunny campus of Worcester Polytechnic Institute.  With my last report I left being bogged down in the snow, but hurray hurray its all gone today. At this time is been sunny-side up for the better part of two weeks and is looking to continue in such fashion throughout March.

The already historically mild winter has been followed up by historically warm temperatures. According to a report I read on Monday in the Telegram & Gazette (the local Worcester newspaper), the National Weather Service said that “Worcester broke daily records Monday dating back 110 years…..Worcester had 68 degrees Monday afternoon, two degrees warmer than the old record”.

So what is WPI like when the weather is this nice? Are all still just nerds chilling in the labs avoiding the sunlight? Pssh you wish! Campus is alive. It’s like an outpouring of all the bodies that were missing in the snow. If you don’t believe me see for yourself.

I’m so pumped for this weather to continue! The next step in this progression is for spring to come with all its beautiful flowers and greenery to complement the FAB sunshine.

I hope you are all enjoying the weather in your neck of the woods, whatever it may be!

Cheers :-)

Bookmark and Share

This post was written by:

avatar

- who has written 24 posts on In Our Words….

I'm an Actuarial Math & Management Engineering Major from Kingston, Jamaica. Class 2012 On campus I play Women's Rugby, am a Brother in Alpha Phi Omega a community service fraternity, and am apart of the National Society of Black Engineers.