Jobs and Grad School

Filed in From the Staff by on November 30, 2010

Thanksgiving break was a much needed time off to just stop, and breathe. Even though the drive back to my home was way too long and even though I had a ton of school assignments to do, it was still amazing. The work that needed to be done didn’t seem too bad when doing it in the comfort of home. 

The goal for this break was to look into deadlines for schools and send out a bunch of emails regarding job opportunities. Did these get completed? Well… I am happy to say that atleast 50% was successfully completed. This break, with the help of my peers, I reached a decision on which schools I want to apply to. I began looking at their application, deadlines, as well as essay topics.  As for applying to jobs? Wellll I still have time. I’m a Biology major and job postings for me (and others like me) don’t necessarily get posted till around February/March.  Nevertheless, thanks to the job search agent that I have set up through JobFinder, I am still aware of what jobs are being posted, and which ones I qualify for. It’s great because JobFinder just runs a search two times a week and then sends me an email notifying me of all the job postings I qualify for. This way I get to keep an eye out on jobs without having to actually take the time to sit down and search myself.   

Overall, I was very happy with this mini break. It was productive, and extremely comforting.  I hope everyone else’s break was amazing like mine. 🙂

I am a senior majoring in Biology and Biotechnology with a Pre-Health Concentration. I am a Peer Advisor at the CDC. Senior Board Chair. I am also involved in Mu Sigma Delta and Active minds. I am a people person and love to talk,share, and help as much as I can.