Career Fair Prep

Filed in From the Staff by on February 3, 2011

So considering I’m a senior and it’s February and I don’t have a job yet, I’m already using Job Finder to help me to prepare for the Career Fair (on the 17th!). Job Finder has a list of all of the companies coming to the Career Fair with descriptions about them, links to their website, and information about what type of student they’re looking for (major and internship vs. co-op vs. full time). Its really helpful because you can figure out what companies are looking for students like you and you can research them so you’re prepared to have a good conversation the day of the Career Fair. The other helpful thing about Job Finder is that it allows you to search within the list. For example, there are currently 111 companies coming to the Career Fair and I did a search for companies looking for full time Mechanical Engineering students and the list shortened to 38. I’m pretty happy about this; 38 is way more manageable while still having a lot of options. Time to get researching. 🙂

Hi everyone! My name is Kelly and I'm from Andover, MA. I'm a senior in Mechanical Engineering, and it's my second year as a Peer Advisor for WPI's Career Development Center. I'm also in one of the sororities on campus, Phi Sigma Sigma, and a part of EPICS (Engineering Projects In Community Service). I'm going to be keeping you updated on my senior year and what I'm doing to figure out my life after college (jobs, grad school, etc). Enjoy!