What to do with your degree

Filed in From the Staff by on January 26, 2012

Hi Everybody!

As I continue my job search process, I’m finding that there are many different types of jobs that fit with my degree that I haven’t thought to consider. To get a better idea of the opportunities available I participated in the Job Shadow program and met with the VP of Facilities at St. Vincent’s Hospital. I was able to speak with employees from many different departments, as well as their lean department. There I was able to speak with professionals about the different certifications available and their take on them. Though I received mixed views on which was more important, I was please to find that green belts in both Six Sigma and Lean are great things to have. Certifications are more than just a piece of paper; they are proof that you have a firm grasp on the materials and concepts.

Hello everyone! My name is Ally Bernard and I am from Spencer, Ma. I am a senior Management Engineering major with an Operations Management concentration. In addition to being a Peer Advisor at the CDC, I am involved in my sorority, Alpha Gamma Delta, the Institute of Industrial Engineers, the Student Alumni Society, and the 2012 Class Board. I’ll be sharing my jobs search with you with year, including the many things you need to do in preparation.