Get With the Times

Filed in Finding a Job by on April 7, 2014

You might be wondering, “What is this about?” and “What am I falling behind in?” That’s right. There is something that each and every one of you should have and that is a LinkedIn account. During last year, I heard a lot of people talking about LinkedIn and how great it was, but I never really paid attention because I am not really into social media.

I didn’t know enough about it, but when I found out that it was a social media website that could help me get jobs like summer internships and full time positions, I got curious. I made an account but with no guidance, I forgot about it and went on with my life.

Then, around a week ago, I had training on LinkedIn, and I have to say that the features are really great and the opportunity for networking is limitless. With the new knowledge, I am, slowly but surely, starting to update my profile and making sure it is professional. I definitely plan on using it and making the best of it and I think you should do it too!

4_8_LinkedIn Lab[smallpdf.com]-page-001

If you are unsure, or need help making a profile and learning about the features, like I did, you should come to the LinkedIn Lab workshop that the Peer Advisors are running, on Tuesday, April 8th from 7 – 8 pm in KH203!

Don’t forget to check out my fellow PAs’ blog posts: Gianna and Sam (Senior PA)!

Until next week,

Omesh

Tags: , , ,

Hi everyone! My name is Omesh Kamat and I am a senior at WPI, majoring in Mechanical Engineering. I am also working towards getting minors in Aerospace Engineering and Computer Science. I am a Senior Peer Advisor at the CDC and I am here to help you and provide you with awesome tips! If you have any questions or suggestions for topics, please feel free to contact me!