Welcome Class of 2018!

Filed in Life at WPI by on September 2, 2014

Hey WPI and the Class of 2018!!

For those of you who don’t know, my name is Omesh Kamat and I am a Peer Advisor at the CDC. This means that I help the CDC with all the different events they put on and also help present a few; such as Elevator Pitch, and Resume Writing. I also help with the Discovering Majors and Careers class (FY1800) taught in B and C terms for those undecided about their majors. Finally, I write blogs like this one to keep all of you up to date.

0

So this summer was amazing!!! I spent the entire time working as an intern for National Grid (at their US headquarters)! I worked with a lot of different computer software that modeled the gas pipelines, helped design the work order packages for leaks, and I got to go out on the field and watch the magic happen. Though there was less engineering involved than I thought, it was still a great experience and I was able to meet a lot of the Vice Presidents!

A few things I did not spend my summer doing were updating my LinkedIn and Resume. That was a mistake on my part but I hope to complete that as soon as possible (especially since the Career Fair is right around the corner). I am really looking forward to this year, not only because I get to work with the rest of the Peer Advisors: Ahmad, Emily, Sebastian, and Gianna (click on their names to view their blogs); but also because its Junior year, there are a thousand new people on campus and my on-campus IQP is about to start!

I hope everyone had a fantastic summer! Make sure to start out this school year with a bang!

– Omesh

Tags:

About the Author ()

Hi everyone! My name is Omesh Kamat and I am a senior at WPI, majoring in Mechanical Engineering. I am also working towards getting minors in Aerospace Engineering and Computer Science. I am a Senior Peer Advisor at the CDC and I am here to help you and provide you with awesome tips! If you have any questions or suggestions for topics, please feel free to contact me!