Where Did A Term Go?

Filed in Finding a Job by on October 16, 2014

Hey Everyone!!

Congratulations! After today, you have successfully completed a term at WPI. I don’t know about the rest of you, but 7 weeks went by really fast for me. So now it’s time for the 10 days break. I can’t wait to just sleep, eat, relax, and spend time with my family and friends…

take-a-break

Make sure to not just do that. If you want to feel even a little bit productive over the next 10 days, the best way to do that is to go job hunting. Definitely go on Job Finder and look into some companies, on top of checking out the job postings.

But what if you are going back home that is away from New England or you want to work at a company close to your home?

This break is the time for that too! Job Finder is a fantastic resource and even though it has job postings from companies around the country, it can be a little New England specific. So if/when you go home for break, check out some of the companies around you, go to their website, and see if they have any internship/full timeĀ opportunities available.

But Omesh, I really wanted to just sit around and do nothing for all 10 days.

Well no one is stopping you, but sitting around the entire time can be a bit boring. In the end, it is up to you to decide how much time you want to put, but think about it this way; Anything you do now in terms of job hunting, even a little bit, can go a long way and is definitely better than doing nothing.

I actually have a lot of fun doing job hunting, it reminds me of Craigslist or sites like that, where you go through posts, find what you are looking for, and if interested, contact the seller. The only difference is, instead of you paying the person, the person will be paying you (YAY) and the experience of course!

That’s all for now. Thanks a lot of reading and I hope all of you have a great break!

Omesh

Tags: , , ,

Hi everyone! My name is Omesh Kamat and I am a senior at WPI, majoring in Mechanical Engineering. I am also working towards getting minors in Aerospace Engineering and Computer Science. I am a Senior Peer Advisor at the CDC and I am here to help you and provide you with awesome tips! If you have any questions or suggestions for topics, please feel free to contact me!