Welcome Back! Here’s to an Amazing 2015!

Filed in From the Staff by on January 21, 2015

Hey Everyone!!

First of all, Happy New Year! Hope all of you had a fantastic break and ready to spring back into action for C term at WPI. I don’t know why, but winter break always seems so short and it goes by extremely quickly. I made sure to sleep a lot and I definitely ate a ton of good food!

I hope all of you made good use of your time and did a little bit of job hunting because I sure did! Over break, the CDC was busy updating and adding companies to their Spring Career Fair, which by the way is coming up on Thursday, February 19th. I knew that during school I wouldn’t have time to apply to many jobs, so I used winter break to apply to jobs through Job Finder, LinkedIn, and a few other websites. When I say apply, I mean actually go through each of the posts, read the description and make sure it matches me and what I want to do, and then even tailor my resume and cover letter to match the job posting.

I also updated my resume by adding more descriptions and skills to a few of my experiences. For example, during A and B term, I worked a lot on my on-campus IQP and wanted to make sure that my resume portrayed that, and added skills such as SolidWorks and MATLAB.

Capture

With that being said, the CDC is here to help you with Resumes, Cover Letters, and answer questions about the Career Fair. Please come and visit us at CDC Hits the Road because we want to make sure everyone succeeds! We will be in the Campus Center on Monday, January 26 from 10 am – 2 pm. Hope to see all of you there!

Make sure to read my other blogs and my fellow peer advisor, Gianna’s blogs!

Thanks and Until next week,

– Omesh

Tags: , ,

About the Author ()

Hi everyone! My name is Omesh Kamat and I am a senior at WPI, majoring in Mechanical Engineering. I am also working towards getting minors in Aerospace Engineering and Computer Science. I am a Senior Peer Advisor at the CDC and I am here to help you and provide you with awesome tips! If you have any questions or suggestions for topics, please feel free to contact me!