One Stop Shopping…All Your Career Fair Prep Needs

Filed in Career Fair, Finding a Job, From the Staff by on February 18, 2015

Hey Everyone!

This week has been crazy. It’s February vacation is here (and with that brings a lot of visitors). Also the CAREER FAIR is TOMORROW! AHHH sooo close! I’m spending today looking up companies that are coming, polishing and printing out my resume, and practicing my elevator pitch.

I thought I’d set this blog up a little different than most others. Lots of great information has recently been posted about the Career Fair, so I thought it would be helpful to compile it all into one blog. So your “One Stop Shop” for everything pre-Career Fair!

RESUME – Check out the CDC Tip Sheet for polishing your resume!

RESEARCH – Check out this blog I did last fall about what I do to research different companies prior to the career fair.

ELEVATOR PITCH – Check out this CDC Tip Sheet to help you come up with what to say when you visit companies tables.

APP – Download WPI’s Career Fair Plus App for a list of companies and table locations

WHAT TO WEAR? – Check out this cool video below made by the Peer Advisors

WHAT TO DO (AND NOT DO) AT THE CAREER FAIR – More tips from your Peer Advisors

Good luck tomorrow everyone! I know you all will do great (:

<3 Gianna

Hey everyone! My name is Gianna Terravecchia and I am currently a senior here at WPI majoring in Chemical Engineering. A few of my favorites include Italian food, ice cream, the color purple, and penguins. I am a Senior Peer Advisor here at the CDC and I am here to help you in any way I can!