Girl Power!

Filed in From the Staff, Life at WPI by on April 13, 2015

Hi Lovely Ladies (and Men)!

This week is an awesome week to be a female on the WPI campus, and it’s not just because of the ratio (sorry boys).

The CDC is putting on two events that highlight women in the workplace. The first one is TOMORROW, Tuesday, April 14th from 10am-2pm in the CC. Come join the CDC in celebrating Equal Pay Day. There will be trivia, prizes, and treats! I don’t know about you, but free food is my favorite so I’ll definitely be going to that. Plus this is a very big national event, so be sure to stop by and also check out the US Department of Labor website for videos throughout the day. And men – this isn’t just a day for ladies, be sure to stop by and show your support too! 

4_14_15 Equal Pay Day

Also, this Friday, April 17th is co-sponsoring a program with the Student Activities Office called Start Smart Salary Negotiation for Women. This program is from 12-2pm in the Rec Center 61 Meeting Room. Be sure you PRE-REGISTER! On average women tend negotiate less than men when they receive their initial job offer, often resulting in LESSER pay. This program will give you the confidence on how to negotiate and when to negotiate. Ladies, let’s take action and continue reducing the gender wage gap so our children won’t need days like “Equal Pay Day” in the future!

4_17_15 Start Smart Salary Negoiation

I hope everyone is enjoying this weather and enjoying the last few weeks of the term. Less than a month to go! YAY! As always, feel free to email me with any questions you may have about career related topics.

Until next time,

Gianna <3

Hey everyone! My name is Gianna Terravecchia and I am currently a senior here at WPI majoring in Chemical Engineering. A few of my favorites include Italian food, ice cream, the color purple, and penguins. I am a Senior Peer Advisor here at the CDC and I am here to help you in any way I can!