Having a Successful Summer Internship

Filed in From the Staff by on April 27, 2015

Hey Everyone,

In one week, you will be free for the summer, not bound by any academics for almost three whole months (unless you are taking summer classes). Most of you already have an internship lined up for this summer, and if you are like me, you are probably nervous about what to expect, especially if this is your first time.

internship1-600x450

Here are three different resources that really helped me relax and get over my jitters, and these can help you out too!

1] The New Job Nerves – My First Internship Story: This is a blog written by a fellow Peer Advisor, Gianna! There is definitely not a better way to calm yourself down than to hear stories of those who already experienced it. If you haven’t read it already, I highly recommend that you do!

2] I Want to be the Very Best Intern, That No One Ever Was: This is an article that I actually wrote for The Towers (WPI Newspaper) because I was genuinely interested about this topic and I knew others would benefit from this as well. I was able to look back to my internship last summer and talk about some key points that I believed in and will continue to follow this summer. For those of you who didn’t a chance to look at The Towers article last week, it is liked here for convenience.

3] How to be Successful During a Summer Internship: This is a blog written by Wakefly Inc, a company. What better way to learn about what you should expect and how you should behave, than from a company who usually has summer interns every year.

Overall, I just want to say that all of you will do great! Just make sure you have an open mind, ask a lot of questions, and learn as much as possible (about the company and the people).

Thank you very much for reading! Until next time,

– Omesh

Tags: ,

Hi everyone! My name is Omesh Kamat and I am a senior at WPI, majoring in Mechanical Engineering. I am also working towards getting minors in Aerospace Engineering and Computer Science. I am a Senior Peer Advisor at the CDC and I am here to help you and provide you with awesome tips! If you have any questions or suggestions for topics, please feel free to contact me!