Say WHAT?!?!

Filed in From the Staff by on September 28, 2015

Hey Everyone!

This week, Residential Services is teaming up with International Student Services, Career Development Center, Academic Resources Center, and the IGSD office for an awesome campus-wide event called “Say What?!”. We, the CDC Peer Advisors, will be there at the event and we will be helping educate all of you on elevator pitches. We want to make sure that you will be able to introduce yourself professionally in any environment, whether it be your family, friends, or a potential future employer.

12077249_767520863374965_1054005284_n

There will also be other educational tables there, including the IGSD office who can talk about opportunities abroad for IQP and MQP. This can be a great head start to learning more about all the opportunities available at WPI, and all of you should take advantage of this because in the end, the IQP and MQP are fantastic projects to put on your resume!

The event is on the Quad on Thursday, October 1st from 1 – 3 pm, all of you should come by and hang out, maybe even play some lawn games! Also, by coming, you automatically enter your name for a chance to win a CHROMEBOOK!! 

I hope to see you all at the event! Thanks for reading and until next week,

– Omesh

P.S.- Do you have questions about the CDC, its services, or anything career related? Ask the Peer Advisors! Gianna, Omesh, Kayla, Matt, and I are here to help. Every week, the Peer Advisors write blog posts and also submit an article to the Towers newspaper. Ask a question or suggest a topic for us to write about, and you could win a free t-shirt or some other cool CDC prize! Send suggestions and questions to cdcpeeradvisors16@wpi.edu.

About the Author ()

Hi everyone! My name is Omesh Kamat and I am a senior at WPI, majoring in Mechanical Engineering. I am also working towards getting minors in Aerospace Engineering and Computer Science. I am a Senior Peer Advisor at the CDC and I am here to help you and provide you with awesome tips! If you have any questions or suggestions for topics, please feel free to contact me!