Changing for the Better

Filed in From the Staff by on September 2, 2016

Hello again!

Welcome to the class of 2020 and welcome back to all upperclassmen! To reintroduce myself, I’m Jacky, a senior double majoring in management and economic science and this is my second year as a Peer Advisor for the CDC.

There are a lot of changes at WPI this year, through both physical changes and system changes.

• Physically – a lot of construction.
  • Systematically – transitioning from Blackboard to Canvas, the new WPI website, and most important for us is the change from Job Finder to Handshake (shameless plug – come to a Handshake lab to learn about the awesome new tool!).

But what won’t change is the CDC’s commitment to helping all students with their journey towards finding a career. We’re here for students from the very beginning (choosing your majors) to the very end (signing your full time job offer) and even after (our services are still available to you even as alumni!).

In addition to the CDC counselors and staff, we Peer Advisors are also here for you as a resource. There are five of us and feel free to reach out to us (cdcpeeradvisors17@wpi.edu) for any questions you may have. We will be presenting plenty of workshops throughout the year and we also help with the FY1800: Discovering Majors and Careers course. I will not be able to help with the course this upcoming B-term because I will be completing my Wall Street MQP, but I look forward to helping you all as much as I can this term and when I return C-term! If you have any questions/need advice regarding job searches, Handshake, the career fair, or other career development questions, feel free to reach out and I’ll help you the best I can/point you in the right direction. I look forward to working with you all!

Until next time,

-Jacky