A Note from one of the New PAs on the Block

Filed in From the Staff by on May 1, 2017

Hello everyone!

My name is Lauren Farris, and I am one of the four new Peer Advisors for the CDC! I have spent the last month training with the new team and the outgoing Peer Advisors, and I am so excited to begin helping everyone build their careers next year. I am a rising senior (when did that happen??) majoring in Biochemistry with minors in Business and Biology. I am a former Community Advisor, and I am especially excited to be reprising this type of role as a PA! On campus, I am also involved in Greek Life, have previously served on the Panhellenic Council, am Treasurer for Omicron Delta Kappa Society, and am President of Rho Lambda Honor Society.

I am most excited to be a Peer Advisor because not only does it mean I get to have a positive impact on the experiences of others as they seek out careers, but also because I know this will help me polish my own professional skills. This past month of training has exposed me to such a large body of knowledge and help available to us as WPI students, and I am looking forward to sharing this knowledge with you in the future as we all move our professional lives forward. (Actually, though, play around on CareerShift – it’s available as a resource on Handshake, and it honestly has me looking forward to job searching in the fall so much so that I keep forgetting about the whole I-have-an-internship-to-complete-first part.)

Whatever your summer plans may be (and if they don’t exist yet, fret not- many companies hire in May), I hope you have a fun, formative, and fulfilling summer – and I’ll see you in the fall!

Lauren

I am pursuing a degree in Biochemistry at WPI with minors in Biology and Business. I am a Peer Advisor for the Career Development Center and am passionate about helping my fellow students be successful in their careers and in life!

Comments (2)

Trackback URL | Comments RSS Feed

1. Jeffrey Letourneau says:

Wow. CareerShift sounds so fun!

2. vwharting says:

Hope your summer is rewarding, refreshing, and rip-roaring!