We all know that the Gordon Library has books, in both print and electronic formats and for both research and leisure reading. Recently, however, more media were added to the library’s collection in the form of streaming video, which is brand new, as well as to the existing collection of compact discs, video games and DVDs.
- Playlists can be created and saved, clips can be emailed and otherwise shared but the films cannot be downloaded, only streamed
- Clips can be embedded into Blackboard (myWPI)
- Videos can be searched from off-campus like any other WPI database
- Mobile devices are supported
- There are public performance rights included
On the third floor of the Gordon Library, you will find the DVD and CD collections. Recent additions to our music collection includes the 21-CD set of music from SEAMUS, the Society for Electro-Acoustic Music in the United States. New to our DVD collection are Like Someone in Love from Abbas Kiarostami, The Great Beauty by Paolo Sorrentino, and Don Siegel’s Riot in Cell Block 11, all from the renowned Criterion Collection. Some popular films that are also new to our DVD collection are Her, Gravity, Twelve Years a Slave, Dallas Buyer’s Club, and Amour, among many others.
Come and browse the CD and DVD collections. You will also discover that the library has books on CD and video games!