At WPI we are committed to developing collaborative research. Members have a voice in selecting quality research that they can apply to solve today’s business challenges.
- Research projects are member-driven.
- Members submit and vote on projects undertaken by the Center.
- 6-12 projects are initiated each year (range contingent on the Center).
- Members have royalty-free IP rights to pre-competitive research.
- Members have the option of paying to sponsor proprietary projects through the Center.
- The Centers periodically do large-scale projects funded by the federal government or foundations; these projects leverage the research agenda of the Centers (in addition to member-driven research.)
- Research and results are shared with members at bi-annual workshops.
- Training on research technology is available to all members.