WPI codes of conduct are enforced at the Sports & Recreation Center at all times. The use of WPI facilities is a privilege and participants are expected to be good citizens and respect the rights of others. Individuals who engage in unacceptable or irresponsible behavior may have their access to facilities revoked or modified indefinitely.
WEIGHT AND CARDIOVASCULAR AREAS
- Participants must be 18 years of age or older; members must accompany their guest at all times in the weight and cardiovascular areas. Sports & Recreation Center staff reserves the right to request identification at the time for proof of age.
- Cardiovascular machine use is limited to 30 minutes.
- Equipment must be wiped down after each use.
- All dumbbells, weights and weight plates must be re-racked after use.
- All equipment must be used in the manner for which it is designed. Standing on benches or equipment frames is prohibited.
- Intentionally slamming or dropping weights is prohibited.
- Report all injuries to the Control Desk staff immediately.
- Individuals are responsible for checking equipment prior to each use. Broken or damaged equipment and/or equipment malfunctions should be reported to the Sports and Recreation Staff immediately.
- Appropriate exercise attire such as T-shirts; soft-soled, non-marking closed toe athletic shoes; and athletic pants/shorts is required at all times. Sandals, sports bras, bare feet, steel-toed boots and jeans are not permitted.
- Personal belongings must be kept in a locker or cubby where they are available.
- Water must be in an enclosed, unbreakable container. Food, chewing gum and drinks are prohibited.
- The use of cell phones is prohibited.
- Sports & Recreation Center staff reserve the right to stop participants from improper use of the equipment. Failure to comply will result in immediate ejection from the facility with appropriate follow-up enforcement of code violation penalties and/or revocation of membership privileges.