Embedding Echo360 Videos in Canvas Pages

Filed in Miscellaneous by on May 22, 2020 0 Comments

This post will walk you through how to embed your Echo360 videos into a Canvas page.

The first step is to create a new page in Canvas.

Once you’ve done that, you’ll notice a rich content editor with a bar of buttons.

This row has buttons pertaining to formatting and stuff that you can include in the pages.

But before you click any of these buttons you might want to lay out your text first. I did this while testing for this blog post and I felt like it was the least confusing way to go.

Once I had my text, I just moved the cursor in the space where I wanted to insert stuff. And the stuff we’re inserting here are videos.

Let’s go back again to that bar of buttons above the rich text editor. See the button with three vertical dots to the right? This will reveal additional tools.

If your browser window is wide enough, you may not have this dot button and instead all the choices therein will be displayed in the same row.

The goal here is to get to the plug. Once we click the plug, Canvas is basically saying, “Ok, which app do you want to plug in to the page?”

If our videos are in Echo360, we’ll click Echo360.

Now, you’ll be presented with your Echo360 library. You can search for and select the video you want.

Then you get to choose among size options and even where you want the player to start (maybe you sneezed for the first 7 seconds. You can start playback post-sneezes).

The result looks like this:

If you have any questions about embedding Echo360 videos into Canvas pages, please email atc-ttl@wpi.edu.

About the Author ()

Sophie Jagannathan is an Instructional Technology Specialist at Worcester Polytechnic Institute.