This blog post updated 1/10/24.
This post will show you how to embed an Echo360 video directly in a Canvas Page. You can use embedded videos in Pages to allow your students to experience your recorded lecture with the rest of the learning materials for that particular lesson (for example, in a Canvas Module).
Alternately, you may not want to share all of your class Echo360 videos from the link in the left-hand menu. Using this method, you can be more selective on which videos you share.
How to Embed Your Video
Note: You’ll need a Canvas Page to add your video. To create a page, first navigate to your course site. Click on Pages in the left hand menu. Then click +Page in the top right hand corner. Type your title in the first box.
- Click in the Rich Content Editor window. Where you place your cursor is where the video will appear.
- Click on the Echo360 icon in the toolbar.
- In the window that opens, click Choose existing Content to select a pre-recorded video. You may also record a new video (click Create Content), or upload a new video (click Upload Content).
- Click on the video name(s) to select the video(s) you would like embedded in the Page. Use the filters provided or search bar to narrow your list down if you have a lot of videos.
- Click Next.
- Choose from the options to adjust the video player size, what timestamp to begin the video (if needed) and whether you’d like students to leave comments, access a link instead of an embedded player, or autoplay when the page is loaded.
- Click Embed.
- Finish adding any text or additional content into the Canvas Page.
- Click Save to save a draft, or Save and Publish to make the page available to students.
If you have any questions about embedding Echo360 videos into Canvas pages, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.