UPCOMING PROGRAM DATES: August 20-21, 2019
During this program, participants will gain knowledge and hands-on experience for the automation of Biomanufacturing operations.
- Date: August 20-21, 2019
- Time: 8:00am – 4:00pm
- Location: Biomanufacturing Education & Training Center (BETC)
WPI Gateway Park 2, 50 Prescott Street (2nd floor), Worcester MA
- Cost: $1,400.00*
*NIIMBL members, contact Betsy Barr at firstname.lastname@example.org for details on a registration discount code.
A prerequisite online course offered through the International Academy of Automation Engineering (IAAE) must be completed before attending this course. The online prerequisite course costs $400. Please register for the online course and bring your “Certificate of Completion” to the hands-on course.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Understand how the disk stack centrifuge operates, operating controls, and what we monitor and automate
- Understand controls of bioreactors and fermenters, different modes of operations and feeding schemes (batch/fed batch/perfusion)
- DO cascade control
- pH calibration, controls and dead bands
- Monitoring and alarms
- Bioreactor/fermenter critical control parameters
- Understand objectives and importance of SIP and P-Hold
- Understand the program controls and requirements and critical attributes
- How to avoid false positives on the programs PASS/FAIL specifications
- Where TFF is used within the biomanufacturing process
- Understand system instrumentation and how TFF systems operates
- Understand process critical attributes
- Operating and program controls, and what we monitor
- Open discussion on automating system controls
- Chromatography skid design and instrumentation
- Understand system instrumentation and how liquid chromatography systems operates
This course was developed with a project award from the National Institute for Innovation in Manufacturing Biopharmaceuticals (NIIMBL) and financial assistance from the U.S. Department of Commerce, National Institute of Standards and Technology (70NANB17H002).