Virtual delivery available!
Email Catherine Bouthillier
UPCOMING PROGRAMS: In-person TBD, contact Catherine Bouthillier to discuss virtual delivery!
The robust implementation of animal cell culture technology requires optimization of a number of variables. Successful operations need to achieve high productivity with low operating costs and meet the requisite productivity and quality specifications. A clear understanding of all aspects of this culture technology assures that upstream scientists and technicians are capable and confident in their handling of these processes. Training about single-use and stainless equipment expands your bioprocessing/biomanufacturing knowledge.
There are no academic prerequisites for this program
Key Learning Objectives:
Upon completion of this intensive, five-day training, participants will have direct experience and understanding in the following areas:
- The principles and techniques in culturing animal cells in vitro
- Cell line characterization and quality assurance of a cell culture laboratory
- The principles and techniques for establishing a seed culture from a frozen stock to a T-Flask to a bioreactor
- Strategies for scale up of animal cells in culture for production of biologics
- Experience with different types of bioreactors:
- Roller bottles
- Spinner flasks
- Microcarrier cell culture
- Hollow fiber technology
- Stirred-tank bioreactors – bench to pilot scale
- Wave bioreactors
- Applications of animal cell culture techniques in research and industry