LinkedIn – Are you actually using it to its full potential?

Filed in From the Staff by on April 12, 2012

Hi all!

Have you ever why you have a LinkedIn account? I see so many students, myself included, with an account that they barely use. In my case I have so far as to fill out all of the categories and I even have a decent amount of connections. However, I previously wasnt using the site to its full potential. This can be done by joining groups and posting in them. These posts don’t need to be daily or even weekly, but the occasional post can help you to gain connections within a given industry to learn more about potential career paths and maybe even open company positions. Try spending the 30 minutes we all waste daily on facebook and use your LinkedIn account!

Hello everyone! My name is Ally Bernard and I am from Spencer, Ma. I am a senior Management Engineering major with an Operations Management concentration. In addition to being a Peer Advisor at the CDC, I am involved in my sorority, Alpha Gamma Delta, the Institute of Industrial Engineers, the Student Alumni Society, and the 2012 Class Board. I’ll be sharing my jobs search with you with year, including the many things you need to do in preparation.