Senior Year, Here I Come!

Filed in From the Staff by on September 19, 2015

Hey Everyone!

I can’t believe that senior year has started already…for here on out, it is just a series of all the last things to do before graduating (last A term, last career fair, etc.). This term could not have hit me any harder; MQP and hard grad classes, on campus jobs, and clubs and organizations just kept piling on and I fell behind.

As far as summer goes, this past summer went by extremely quickly. I interned at a power and utilities company with two different departments so I was able to gain a lot of fantastic work experience! Even though it was a busy one, I felt relaxed and ready to start school and finish out my senior year with a BANG…until all the work hit.

For those of you putting off work and continuously taking breaks, “been there, done that” and I actually continue to do it even now. It happens to the best of us, and one blog I remember reading was “Procrastination is Golden” by one of our Alumni Peer Advisors, Ahmad Abojaradeh. All of you should definitely read this article, because now, I am also able to spend my procrastination time wisely!

I hope you are all having an amazing A term so far! Until next time,

– Omesh

Hi everyone! My name is Omesh Kamat and I am a senior at WPI, majoring in Mechanical Engineering. I am also working towards getting minors in Aerospace Engineering and Computer Science. I am a Senior Peer Advisor at the CDC and I am here to help you and provide you with awesome tips! If you have any questions or suggestions for topics, please feel free to contact me!