CMPD provides a collaborative research environment. Members play a crucial role in determining which research areas to pursue and what data will be acquired.
Further benefits enjoyed by members:
- Research projects are member-driven.
- Members submit and vote on projects undertaken by the center.
- Members have royalty-free IP rights to pre-competitive research.
- Members have the option of paying to sponsor proprietary projects through the center.
- Research and results are shared with members at bi-annual workshops.
- Training on research technology is available to all members.
Areas of expertise:
- Cold gas-dynamic spray: modeling and characterization
- Computational thermodynamic and kinetic modeling
- Concept development, design, and implementation of materials data programs
- Content structures and taxonomies for materials information
- Deformation-driven phase transformations
- Electronic materials
- Functional materials
- Light metals – Al, Mg, Ti
- Materials data development, management, and networking
- Materials informatics
- Materials modeling
- Metal processing
- Microstructural characterization
- Powder metallurgy: modeling and characterization
- Program development, outreach, and communications for collaborative projects
- Rapid solidification: metallic glasses, additive manufacturing
- Resource recovery and recycling