Providing the underserved youth of Central MA with engaging STEM experiences
We believe that engaging STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) experiences provide youth with a foundation for success, and we believe that all youth should have these opportunities. The Central Massachusetts STEM Network has been helping to do just that since 2004. In that time, we have provided thousands of youth with a variety of exciting experiences that include: classroom STEM experiences and science fair project support, out-of-school time STEM classes, day-long STEM workshops, and STEM festivals. Our network enables collaborations for deep and wide-scale impacts in our communities. The Central Massachusetts STEM Network is a partnership of corporate, non-profit, educational institutions and teachers. Our mission is to develop and deliver engaging STEM experiences to grow and nurture low-income and historically underrepresented youth in STEM throughout Central Massachusetts.
We plan to execute our mission with events and programs such as:
• Provide STEM program kits and resource guide for use across the Network
• Support the Central MA Science Festival in Leominster, and other STEM events throughout the region
• Coordinate and promote STEM Week in Central Massachusetts each year
• Link different STEM opportunities throughout Central MA
To measure our success, we focus on:
• number of youth impacted in northern and southern Worcester County,
• number of STEM experiences provided,
• pathways for continued STEM experiences identified,
• surveys and testimonials from youth and teachers, and
• number of network partners that participate in delivery of annual events and programs.