- Create a process that is technically, economically, and environmentally sustainable to produce purified yttrium oxide and purified europium oxide.
- Produce a consistent, salable output from waste phosphor dust
- Minimize waste generation
- Increase materials independence
- Perform physical separation process to improve the project economics
- Develop a hydrometallurgical process that yields salable, purified yttrium oxide and europium oxide from semi-pure mixed rare earth oxides
- Conduct an economic analysis using Monte Carlo simulation that validates the process is economically feasible