Welcome to the 22nd International Drying Symposium (IDS 2020)
IDS series was established by Professor Arun S. Mujumdar at McGill University in Montreal, Canada in 1978.
IDS 2020 will aim to provide the most advanced and comprehensive global forum for disseminating results and data in research, development and applications in drying/dewatering sciences and technologies.
This event will be held on the main campus of Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI) and will be co-hosted by the University of Illinois.
The conference aims to bring together world-renowned researchers and engineers from both academia and industry in this university environment. An Awards program for the international drying community will also be part of the event.
Topics of Interest
The scientific committee encourages the submission of drying-related research work. The main topics are:
- Fundamentals, modelling and simulation
- Physical properties and product quality
- Industrial processes and equipment
- Measurement and process control
- Environmental issues
- Process intensification
- Drying of gases and liquids
- Drying of powdered solids
- Drying of biomass for energy applications
- Drying of food and agricultural materials
- Drying of biological and pharmaceutical materials
- Drying of chemicals and polymers
- Drying of wood, pulp and paper and forest products
- Novel drying technologies
- R&D opportunities
Welcome to IDS 2020:
22nd International Drying Symposium
Worcester, MA, June 28 – July 1, 2020
November 1, 2019: Deadline for abstract submissions (extended)
November 15, 2019: Notification of acceptance
January 10, 2020: Deadline for submissions of manuscripts
February 21, 2020: Final notification of manuscript acceptance
February 28, 2020: Deadline for “early bird” registration
April 1, 2020: Deadline for final manuscript submission
April 17, 2020: Final deadline for registration
June 28 – July 1, 2020: IDS – Worcester, Massachusetts, USA