George Gladwin and his Students celebrates the career of the namesake of the George Gladwin Gallery in Gordon Library, WPI. Gladwin was the first professor of drawing at WPI, teaching from 1869 to 1896. In the days before CAD, drawing was a very important part of the curriculum of an engineering student and included freehand as well as mechanical drawing. Included in the exhibition are watercolors of the WPI campus by Gladwin and both practice and finished works by his students.
George Gladwin and His Students
Posted in In and Around the Library