- Library Department: Research and Instruction
- Job Title: Research and Instruction Librarian
- Years at WPI: Just started!
LITTLE KNOWN FACTS:
- What is one thing people don’t know about you:
My middle name is Etoile, which is the French word for star. Before I was born, my mom asked my two older sisters what my name should be, and they came up with the name Blue Star. I guess Etoile sounded a bit classier.
- What do you like to do in your spare time?
I like to visit museums and go for walks. I’m excited to check out the Worcester Art Museum and all the parks in Worcester. I like baking and trying out fun new recipes. I also like to crochet. Right now, I can just do basic things like scarves, but I hope to try out some more complex projects soon.
- What is your favorite book or movie?
Too many books to choose from! One of my favorite books is The Wind’s Twelve Quarters, a collection of short stories by Ursula K. Le Guin. I also love Jhumpa Lahiri’s work, especially Interpreter of Maladies and The Lowland. Plus, she went to the same college (Barnard) as me! Growing up, one of my favorite authors was Tamora Pierce, who writes YA fantasy books featuring super cool female characters.
- What food do you wish had zero calories? Scones
- What is on your “bucket list”?
I’d like to see the Pacific Ocean. I’ve never been out to the West Coast, but one day I’ll make it there!
- When the WPI community talks about the Gordon Library, I would like them to say:
The librarians at WPI are the most helpful people in the world