CEDAR Events & Offerings
CEDAR CONVERGENCE SERIES
Designed by our CORE Faculty specifically for CEDAR Students- covering a variety of topics and interest areas from domain specific topics to professional and career development.
Monday, November 14, 2021: Feat. Professor Aaron Deskins
Hosted by Associate Prof. Aaron Deskins, Chemical Engineering. This is one of several events/workshops in our CEDAR Convergence Seminar Series.
- Date: Monday, Nov. 14 from 4:00pm – 5:00pm
- Topic: Data Science and Molecular modeling.
- Host: Associate Prof. Aaron Deskins, Chemical Engineering
- Overview: Dr. Deskins will discuss his research and how he is implementing DS tools- followed by a Q&A
Monday, December 6, 2021: Feat. Professor Randy Paffenroth
Hosted by Associate Prof. Randy Paffenroth, Mathematics/Data Science/Computer Science. This is one of several events/workshops in our CEDAR Convergence Seminar Series.
- Date: Monday, Dec. 6 from 1:00pm – 2:00pm
- Topic: Intersection of Data Science, Mathematics, & Engineering
- Host: Associate Prof. Randy Paffenroth, Mathematics/CS/DS
- Overview: Dr. Paffenroth will discuss his research- followed by a Q&A. In addition, he will discuss what it means to be a PhD in industry vs. academia.
CEDAR Social Series
In partnership with the Data Science Program and Data Science Council at Worcester Polytechnic Institute, NRT CEDAR Trainees have several opportunities to connect with students & faculty.
In partnership with the DS Council, game night is offered once a month and open to all DS affiliated students- including NRT CEDAR Trainees.
In partnership with the DS Council at WPI, the “Coffee Klatch” is offered weekly on Fridays and open to all DS affiliated students. These informal meetings are a way for the data science community to get together and socialize over a “Bring Your Own” (BYO) lunch. They’re a great opportunity for students and faculty to get to know each other better, and to even get guidance from colleagues about course scheduling, research, etc. Best of all – free coffee for everyone.