At CHTE, we are committed to developing collaborative research for the heat treating industry. Members have a voice in selecting quality research that helps them solve today’s business challenges.
- Research projects are member-driven. Each research project has a focus group made up of members who provide an industrial perspective.
- Members submit and vote on proposed projects.
- Four projects are initiated each year.
- Members have royalty-free IP rights to pre-competitive research.
- Members have the option of paying to sponsor proprietary projects.
- CHTE periodically does large-scale projects funded by the federal government or foundations. These projects keep members informed about leading edge technology.
- Members are trained on all research technology and software updates.
Learn More about CHTE’s research projects.
CHTE Members Work Together for Financial Win
Thermatool asked CHTE to model applications of its Precision Slot Quench Ring. The application is a critical heat treating method for fellow member Timken. Thermatool was able to show, through the simulation modeling and technical
knowledge of CHTE, that its product could meet Timken’s demands. CHTE provided an avenue of communication between members for trusted independent analysis.