At CR3, members have a voice in selecting quality research that helps them solve the problems of materials recovery and recycling.
Research Focus Areas
- Automated sortation
- Alloy recycling
- Inorganic polymer performance
- Metal fines recovery
- Permanent magnets
- Resource efficiency
- Secondary raw materials
Learn more about CR3 research projects
Unlike traditional research engagements—and the accompanying six-figure investment required—CR3 offers extensive benefits for a fraction of the cost.
- Research projects are member-driven. Each research project has a focus group made up of members who provide an industrial perspective.
- Members submit and vote on proposed projects.
- 6-8 projects are in progress.
- Members have royalty-free IP rights to pre-competitive research.
- Members have the option of paying to sponsor proprietary projects.
- CR3 periodically does large-scale projects funded by the federal government or foundations. These projects keep members informed about leading edge technology.
- Members are trained on all research technology and software updates.