Explore Space and Robots with NASA educators…
- NASA’s favorite exhibits including the famous MARCBot IV Rover, R2 Kinect, R2 Model/Video, Be-a-Bot 2.0, and the Mark III Suit will all be here.
- Watch what happens to Peeps inside a real vacuum chamber. You won’t believe your eyes!
- Get run over by the Roll-Over-Rover… this lightweight rover has 8 wheels and rolls right over kids (in a fun way, of course).
- View the 30-foot SLS inflatable rocket ship and the life-sized Curiosity rover! Whoa.
- Walk on the moon… Feel what it’s like to step on the moon’s surface.
Our Media Partner, WGBH Education/PBS Learning Media is bringing…
- Curious George! (for the littles)
- DesignSquad (for middle school-aged children)
- Nova Education (for high schoolers)
Innovators at Work…
Join us for what promises to be the greatest Open House ever. Faculty and current students open up their research labs around campus and share their innovations and discoveries–with you. Accessible for kids of all ages, but of particular interest to middle- and high-schoolers. Come see what it’s like to be a student at WPI. Labs will open up in:
- Aerospace Engineering
- Biology and Biotechnology
- Biomedical Engineering
- Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Civil, Environmental, and Architectural Engineering
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Interactive Media and Game Development
- Learning Sciences and Technologies
- Mathematical Sciences
- Mechanical Engineering
- Robotics Engineering
A sampling of activities for middle- and high-schoolers inside the research labs:
- Try on a wearable exo-musculature robot for rehabilitation and augmentation—as well as interact with a robotic bird, dog and maybe even a kangaroo!
- See the computerized numerical control (CNC) machines and other advanced manufacturing technology in action and manufacture you own souvenir with a CNC machine or laser cutter.
- Demo video games developed by students in the gaming lab.
- Go on a wireless fix hunt to learn more about wireless communication systems.
WPI Invites Younger Scientists to…
- Make your own slime! Combine a few basic ingredients to make this unique substance that has qualities of both a liquid and a solid.
- Take part in hands-on demonstrations of cool physics phenomenon: Physics in Motion.
- Discover an enlightening and delicious way to explore numbers with M&M® Math.
- Learn about the lifecycle of a star…
- Craft your own flying devices at the paper airplane station.
- Design a device to protect a water balloon brain… and so much more for younger kids.
Engage with Local and National Partners…
- Many local and national organizations are coming to TouchTomorrow and bringing interactive, fun exhibits for kids of all ages to enjoy. See who’s coming in 2015!
Make a day of it…
Food and beverages will be sold at multiple locations.
Photographs and videos will be taken throughout the event for use in future WPI and WGBH publications, websites, or communications for purposes of promoting TouchTomorrow and K-12 STEM Education. By coming to this event you are granting full permission to WPI and WGBH to use a photo, which might include you in it as an event participant. We will not be linking participant names to the photos in any publications.
WPI works diligently to assure the safety and welfare of our guests. At TouchTomorrow, our security personnel will conduct random checks of camera bags, backpacks, and other large items during the festival. We appreciate your understanding as we undertake this security measure.