Rain or Shine!
Free and open
to the public.
Our Media Partner, WGBH Education/PBS Learning Media is bringing so much hands-on, family-oriented fun stuff from the brands you know and love…
- Make a pinwheel and explore wind with this Curious George activity (early learners)
- Explore water flow and direction with this PEEP and the Big Wide World activity (early learners)
- A “surprise” Design Squad activity (upper elementary and higher)
- NOVA Education arcade: Use NOVA labs and NOVA apps on devices (middle to high)
Innovators at Work…
Faculty and current students open up their research labs around campus and share their innovations and discoveries–with you. Accessible for kids of all ages, but of particular interest to middle- and high-schoolers. Come see what it’s like to be a student at WPI. Labs will open up in:
- Biology and Biotechnology
- Biomedical Engineering
- Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Civil, Environmental, and Architectural Engineering
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Interactive Media and Game Development
- Learning Sciences and Technologies
- Mechanical Engineering
- Robotics Engineering
A sampling of activities for middle- and high-schoolers inside the research labs:
- Try on a wearable exo-musculature robot for rehabilitation and augmentation—as well as interact with a robotic bird, dog and maybe even a kangaroo!
- See the computerized numerical control (CNC) machines and other advanced manufacturing technology in action and manufacture you own souvenir with a CNC machine or laser cutter.
- Demo video games developed by students in the gaming lab.
- Learn how wearable computers can help kids learn math skills.
WPI Invites Younger Scientists to…
- Find out more about non-Newtonian fluids by mixing up some slime.
- Discover how to harness wind power by building your own windmill.
- Design a boat that can bear weight and float on the water or a hovercraft. Yep, a hovercraft.
- Create a geodesic dome.
- Build a model of human DNA.
- Explore electrical circuits… or learn how medicine is absorbed by the body.
Engage with Local and National Partners…
- Many local and national organizations are coming to TouchTomorrow and bringing interactive, fun exhibits for kids of all ages to enjoy. See who’s coming.
Make a day of it…
Download the event app in your app store by searching “WPI TouchTomorrow”. Available after May 15.
Food and beverages will be sold at multiple locations including BBQ favorites on the Quad, lunch WPI student-style in the Morgan Dining Hall, and food trucks at Gateway Park.
Photographs and videos will be taken throughout the event for use in future WPI and WGBH publications, websites, or communications for purposes of promoting TouchTomorrow and K-12 STEM Education. By coming to this event you are granting full permission to WPI and WGBH to use a photo, which might include you in it as an event participant. We will not be linking participant names to the photos in any publications.
WPI works diligently to assure the safety and welfare of our guests. At TouchTomorrow, our security personnel will conduct random checks of camera bags, backpacks, and other large items during the festival. We appreciate your understanding as we undertake this security measure.