Welcome to our page! During our interactive qualifying project we worked in collaboration with Wachusett Earthday Inc. to provide them with a recommendation to improve their inventory management. Specifically, we developed a plan that depicts how Wachusett Earthday could incorporate a recommended inventory management system into their day-by-day operations.
|Sponsor||Student Researchers||Project Goals and Objectives||Executive Summary||Final Report|
Project Sponsor: Wachusett Earthday Inc.
Wachusett Earthday Inc.’s mission is “To promote recycling and reuse for a healthy watershed community through the Wachusett Watershed Regional Recycle Center”. The organization was formed in Holden, Massachusetts, in 1992 and has since worked with other groups and expanded to serve 7 towns including, Boylston, Holden, Paxton, Princeton, Rutland, Sterling, and West Boylston. The organization holds year-round collections of recyclable and reusable materials within these towns as well as hazardous waste materials.
Our IQP team is comprised of: Jacob Bryant, Steven Huynh, Tommy Trieu, and Zachary Walsh.
Project Goal and Objectives
The goal of this project was to provide Wachusett Earthday with a recommendation that would allow them to improve their inventory management. To achieve our goal, we accomplished the following objectives:
- Determine Wachusett Earthday’s inventory tracking requirements;
- Identify the most technologically able volunteers at Wachusett Earthday;
- Identify appropriate inventory management systems for Wachusett Earthday;
- Determine the suitability of identified systems for use by Wachusett Earthday;
- Create an implementation strategy for Wachusett Earthday.