We worked with the office of Senator Harriette Chandler throughout seven week term to aide in the passage of a zoning reform bill in Massachusetts aimed at improving the quality of life for Massachusetts’ residents.
Massachusetts State House
Tim Daley, the director of Communications for Senator Chandler, was our main contact in her office. We visited the State House at least once a week to check in with Mr. Daley.
Senator Harriette Chandler
Senator Chandler is a democrat who has served on the Senate since 2001. She is the Senator for the 1st Worcester District (cities listed below). Previously, she served on the Massachusetts House of Representatives from 1995-2001. Attending college and currently living in Worcester, Senator Chandler is very familiar with Massachusetts and has the best interests for Massachusetts in mind while making decisions that affect the state. She is a strong advocate for health care reform, education, veterans’ issues, housing, civil rights, and women’s matters. Her education and accomplishments are listed below:
- B.A. from Wellesley College
- Ph.D. from Clark University
- M.B.A. from Simmons Graduate School of Management
- Massachusetts State Senate (2001-Present)
- Assistant Majority Leader
- Vice-Chair of the Senate Steering and Policy Committee
- Massachusetts House of Representatives (1995-2001)
- House Chair of the Joint Committee on Health Care (2011-2013)
First Worcester District
- Parts of Worcester
- West Boylston
- Parts of Clinton
- Parts of Northborough
To learn more about Senator Chandler and the bills she has sponsored click here to visit her Massachusetts legislature page.