A Makeover for the Habitat for Humanity MetroWest/Greater Worcester ReStore
Our project was in collaboration with the Habitat for Humanity MetroWest/Greater Worcester ReStore to redesign their website and to market their website and new location. The updated design is more aesthetic, easier to navigate, and easier to use while maintaining its new identity. Research conducted on web development, assessments done on successful websites, surveys, focus groups, and interviews all influenced the design of the new website. We were also able to develop a marketing plan for ReStore and raise visibility for ReStore through an article published in the Worcester Telegram and Gazette as well as create a short promotional video for the new ReStore location.
Project Sponsor: Habitat for Humanity MetroWest/Greater Worcester ReStore
Habitat for Humanity MetroWest/Greater Worcester (MW/GW) is the local Habitat for Humanity affiliate for the city of Worcester as well as 42 other towns and cities in Massachusetts. The MW/GW ReStore is nonprofit home improvement stores and donation center open to the public that sells new and gently used furniture, appliances, home accessories, building materials and more to the public at a fraction of the retail price. The ReStore, currently located at 11 Distributor Rd. Worcester, MA, will relocate to 640 Lincoln St. Worcester, MA in early 2018. Our research was focused on web development and marketing in order to redesign ReStore’s website and market it along with their new location.
Praneeth Appikatla: Computer Science ’19
Anh Dao: Computer Science ’19
Steven Gallagher: Mechanical Engineering ’19
Abdul Hassan: Electrical and Computer Engineering ’19
Project Goals and Objectives
- Update MW/GW ReStore website to be more appealing, easier to use, and more visible on search engines in order to attract new customers to the store.
- Market the new ReStore location and new website.
- Identify Characteristics of a Good Website.
- Assess the former ReStore website.
- Assess other successful organizations’ websites.
- Design web content with effective search keywords.
- Implement and launch the new website with a new URL.
- Market the ReStore’s new website and their relocation.