Virtual delivery available!
Email Catherine Bouthillier
UPCOMING CERTIFICATE PROGRAMS: In-person TBD, contact Catherine Bouthillier to discuss virtual delivery!
Improve your basic skills in separation and purification of bio-manufactured products with both single-use and stainless equipment. This training includes theoretical background information on cell harvest and clarification, TFF, and chromatography, including column packing. You will also develop a better understanding of the various protein characteristics and how they affect the purification process, how resins are selected, and how a purification process is developed.
There are no academic prerequisites for this program
Key Learning Objectives
- Understand the principles of centrifugation and how cell harvesting and clarification is completed
- Understand the principles and applications for depth filtration
- Understand how protein characteristics facilitate the purification process
- Become familiar with the different types of chromatographic processes and the principles behind each type
- Identify the components of a chromatography system and their functions
- Perform column packing and peak evaluation
- Identify the components of a TFF system and their functions
- Understand how viruses are inactivated and removed
- Understand how a purification process is developed
Benefits of this interactive training
- Increase your knowledge of the operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of centrifuges, filtration systems, TFF systems and Chromatography systems
- Decrease the number of process excursions and deviations due to operator error
- Reduce the time required to become a subject matter expert in your field
- Become cross-trained in purification procedures to diversify your skill set