Project Sponsor: Audio Journal
Audio Journal is a non-profit radio reading service based in Worcester, MA that broadcasts to blind, visually impaired, and print disabled listeners in Central Massachusetts. You can learn more about them at https://audiojournal.org/
The goal of our project is to create a concept design for an app that would allow Audio Journal’s listeners to access their broadcasts on demand. In addition, we are making a determination on whether Audio Journal’s listeners need something else in addition to the app. Our findings and recommendations will be passed on to a future development team so they can develop the app itself.
Goals and Objectives
- Determine the best platform for the app
- Learn what features are most important to people with visual impairments, and more specifically, Audio Journal’s listeners.
- Learn more about assistive technologies and accessibility features used to access software.
- Research best practices and talk to software developers who’ve worked on the platform we choose.
- Develop the concept design for the Audio Journal app using Adobe XD.