Posted on

Worcester Regional Food Hub: Helping the WRFH with Retail Expansion

Project Description

Our project is to help the Worcester Regional Food Hub (WRFH) by recommending them a POS system as well as presenting research on online retail outlets such as Grubhub and Instacart. The WRFH is moving to Union Station in 2023, and will have a new retail store, thus prompting the need for a POS system. The goal of the WRFH is to make opportunities through food, and online ordering will help expand the retail capabilities and get food to more people.

Project Sponsor

“Designed to bolster a robust regional food system, the Food Hub’s mission is to increase local food access and consumption and recruit, retain, and incubate local food entrepreneurs, collectively building healthy, sustainable, and just communities.”

Student Researchers

Declan : “Hello! I am a junior at WPI studying computer science. In my free time I like to exercise and play video games, I am looking to work in cybersecurity when I graduate.”

Gevorg : “Management Engineering major. I was born and raised in Moscow while visiting USA yearly to perfect my English. My interests are boxing and reading.”

Abe : “I am a 23-year-old environmental and sustainability studies junior. I am interested in intersectional abolition, food autonomy, and world peace. I spend my free time drinking tea and talking with friends. My favorite food is cornbread.”

Project Goal and Objectives

Our project goal is to help the WRFH with retail expansion through recommending a POS system, and providing information on online retail outlets.

Our project objectives are as follows: Understanding the WRFH’s operations and goals, research on both POS systems and online retail outlets, and recommending the best fit POS system and online retail outlet to the WRFH.

Weekly food bag from the WRFH
Interviewing customers at the in-person pickup

Final Report and Deliverables

Below is our final report, as well as our deliverables: comparison matrices, and online retail outlet guides.

Loader Loading…
EAD Logo Taking too long?

Reload Reload document
| Open Open in new tab

Download

Loader Loading…
EAD Logo Taking too long?

Reload Reload document
| Open Open in new tab

Download

Loader Loading…
EAD Logo Taking too long?

Reload Reload document
| Open Open in new tab

Download