AWESOME Job Search Database!

Filed in From the Staff by on March 28, 2016

Hey Friends!

This year is coming to a close and I cannot believe how fast it went! It is crazy.

So a lot of my friends have been wondering what are the best job posting sites to look into. JobFinder is a great option because these job postings are ones that employers are specifically seeking out WPI students to fill. BUT what if you can’t find your dream job on JobFinder? That’s okay! I have a really great resource that you can try instead. It’s called Career Shift.

careershift_logo_000

What makes Career Shift AWESOME?

Career Shift pulls ALL job opportunities publicly posted. – So now you don’t have to stop by Monster, Indeed, and EngineeringJobs.com. Career Shift will search through all of those for you. This will allow you to:

1. Save Time.
  2. Find more elusive job postings.
  3. Search by very specific locations.

Career Shift also allows you to FIND CONTACTS at different companies. This will allow you to get contact information for:

1. Cover Letters. – Who is the HR Director/Talent Recruiter/Recruiting Manager? (try different “HR” synonyms – Google will be your friend)
  2. Career Fair/Interview Thank you Note. – Did you forget to ask for a business card but remember the person’s name?
  3. Informational Interview Requests. – Check out the CDC tipsheet on how to request an Information Interview.

Now that I have hopefully convinced you that Career Shift is AWESOME, here is how to access it:

Capture3

Tabs to check out:

Capture1

Need help? Have questions? – Set up a Job Search Strategies appointment!

Good luck folks,

Gianna

Hey everyone! My name is Gianna Terravecchia and I am currently a senior here at WPI majoring in Chemical Engineering. A few of my favorites include Italian food, ice cream, the color purple, and penguins. I am a Senior Peer Advisor here at the CDC and I am here to help you in any way I can!