Holidays are the BEST!

Filed in Finding a Job, From the Staff by on December 13, 2015

Hey Everyone!

I hope all of you are having a fantastic B term! I know it is probably stressful right now especially with finals coming up, but don’t forget that in 1 week, you will be FREE…from school work.

Holidays are the best because it is a perfect time to relax, hang out with friends, but more importantly, search for jobs! Recently I read this article about “Why the Holidays are the Best Time to Job Search” (click on title to read the article too) and I thought it was very interesting.

Happy-Holidays-from-Karras-Chiropractic

My take on the article is that because so many professionals and job seekers are busy with holiday prep, the competition decreases for job seekers and there is a significant rises in job opportunities. This means that you need to take advantage of this and seize the moment by applying for positions, being active on LinkedIn, going out and meeting potential employers, and using the CDC resources, specifically Career Shift and Job Finder.

Career Shift is a fantastic resource where all jobs from across different job boards, company websites, etc are all compiled into one place. It is also a perfect way to find contacts within a company and bringing up holidays can be a great ice breaker into making new connections.

Overall, I know this term has been CRAZY with a lot of work. This term was definitely the worst term for me at WPI so far. So I understand that holidays might be the best time to just relax and do nothing, but applying for jobs and making connections can be fun. You really shouldn’t take holidays “off”. By staying focused on your job search, you might just land a great job while everyone else is out shopping and taking the holidays off! Happy holidays to all of you and good luck with finals!!!

Thank you very much for reading and if you have any questions, please feel free to contact cdcpeeradvisors16@wpi.edu!

Sincerely,

Omesh Kamat

Tags: , ,

Hi everyone! My name is Omesh Kamat and I am a senior at WPI, majoring in Mechanical Engineering. I am also working towards getting minors in Aerospace Engineering and Computer Science. I am a Senior Peer Advisor at the CDC and I am here to help you and provide you with awesome tips! If you have any questions or suggestions for topics, please feel free to contact me!