My Final Words

Filed in From the Staff, Life at WPI by on February 24, 2017

There is no doubt that I have grown as an individual since coming to WPI, and subsequently becoming a Peer Advisor at the Career Development Center (CDC). As Maya Angelou said, “I did then what I knew what to do. Now that I know better, I do better.” In under a year I have been able to solidify my career plan, and improve on all of the essentials needed to score a job (resume, cover letter, elevator pitch). I would be remiss if I did not express my gratitude to Maggie Becker, the rest of the PA staff: Matt, Kayla, Jeffrey, Jacky, and the entire CDC team for making a lasting impact through sharing your knowledge, humor, and career advice. As someone who is not typically nostalgic, and always ready and excited for what is next, I do appreciate this opportunity to slow down and think back on the many hours spent in the student worker room, in the Discovering Majors and Careers course, and giving workshops to various groups on campus. Although week to week, it was hard to notice, retrospectively, the time flew by. My lasting piece of advice would be to focus on finding a career path that makes you happy and fulfilled, and to not stop pursuing ‘that’ until you know there is nothing else in the world you would rather be doing. There is great value in knowing traditional career paths, but you are also allowed to write your own.

My very best wishes,

Miranda

About the Author ()