Searching, applying and waiting…

Filed in From the Staff by on April 28, 2011

I managed to apply to some places in the past week, and now I am just anxiously waiting to hear back from somewhere. One of the positions I applied to is of a Clinical research coordinator. That’s the one I hope to hear back from soon. It sounds like a great opportunity to not only work with patients, but it also lets me plan events. This opportunity seems like exactly what I want. Its a mix of biology, working with patients and doing a bunch of planning and organizing. I haven’t had time to apply to more places, but this weekend I plan on using the Career Search database to help me search.  Did you know that only 20% of the jobs gets posted on websites such as Monster, Careerbuilder and even Job Finder? The rest of the 80% you have to look for companies that pertain to the industry you want to work in, go to their website and search if they have any postings up? Career Search is an awesome tool in regards to that. It helps you find companies based on your interests. Hopefully I will find a ton!

About the Author ()

I am a senior majoring in Biology and Biotechnology with a Pre-Health Concentration. I am a Peer Advisor at the CDC. Senior Board Chair. I am also involved in Mu Sigma Delta and Active minds. I am a people person and love to talk,share, and help as much as I can.

Comments are closed.