Still Undecided About Your Major?

Filed in Life at WPI by on December 10, 2013

Hi everyone,

Are you still undecided about your major? Too many majors to choose from?

untitled

You are not alone : https://vine.co/v/ht9gg52jdP3

Did you know that WPI offers a class that can help you choose your major?

The class is called Discovering Majors and Careers , also known as FY-1800 and it is offered twice a year during B and C term.  You also receive 1/12 of a credit for taking the class.

FY-1800 is awesome because you get the opportunity to learn about the different majors/minors at WPI, participate in an informational interview with an alumni, and learn about all the resources that the Career Development has to offer !

Here is the description:

This course is open to all students who are undecided about or are thinking about changing their academic major. Students will conduct a self assessment utilizing career assessment tools, research majors of interest and career paths, attend academic department presentations, participate in informational interviews, job shadowing and/or company tours. Students will meet individually with Peer Advisors and/or a CDC staff member at least three times throughout the course.

If you want to register for it , the CRN is: 20676

I actually took the class and found it very useful as it helped me decided between two majors and explore potential careers of interest.

That is all for this time,

Until the next time,

Sebastian Vergara

Tags:

Sebastian Vergara, WPI 2015. B.S. in Industrial Engineering. Hello everybody ! I'll keep it nice and simple, I'm a peer advisor at the CDC (Career Development Center) and I'm here to help you. Check out my blogs for helpful tips and suggestions.