Back from IQP…and Heading to a Virtual Career Fair!

Filed in Career Fair, From the Staff by on February 4, 2015

Hey Everyone!!!

I’m finally back from IQP in South Africa and I have to say, between all the snow days and actually having homework again, it’s been difficult to get back into the swing of things. I miss the beautiful views, relaxing beaches, and especially the traveling…But I am happy to be back to see my family, friends, and to BLOG AGAIN for you guys!!!

So C-Term can be kind of dull, and it’s notoriously know that “one does not simply survive C-Term.” BUT I’m confident that this C-Term won’t be too bad. Plus the spring Career Fair is coming up (February 19th) so we have that to look forward to. Plus skiing, lots of skiing. (Or snowboarding, if you’re not like me and actually have balance)

Speaking about Career Fairs, tomorrow I’m participating in the Virtual Life Sciences Career Fair. It’s my first virtual career fair, and I’m pretty excited! The portal is really cool; you can post your resume and employers can post job openings.

10492469_10152789347349682_3213271449988381754_n

How does it work? Yeah – I was a little nervous…I thought it was like a Skype call. But video is optional! It is basically a chat room where you ask questions and meet employers. I’m excited to try it. It’s another opportunity to network and learn about different companies. I’ll let you know how it went in my next blog.

Who is this for? – It’s for the life sciences, biomedical engineering, chemical engineering. There are also some companies looking for ME’s, ECE’s and CS. Basically if you’re interested in working for a life science company you should check it out! People may think it’s only for biology, chemistry, and biomedical engineering majors, but that’s not the case!

The fair is happening February 5 from 12 pm to 5 pm. More than 20 employers are looking to recruit undergraduate and graduate students for internships and full-time jobs! For the full list of companies and for more information, click here!

Until next time,

Gianna (:

Hey everyone! My name is Gianna Terravecchia and I am currently a senior here at WPI majoring in Chemical Engineering. A few of my favorites include Italian food, ice cream, the color purple, and penguins. I am a Senior Peer Advisor here at the CDC and I am here to help you in any way I can!