Hey WPI!

Filed in From the Staff by on August 30, 2011

My name is Chris Brandmaier and I am starting my junior year at WPI. I am a mechanical engineer and avidly a part of campus including Green Team, Sigma Pi Fraternity and the CDC. I have worked at the Career Development Center for the last two years, but now work as a Peer Advisor.

Firstly, I have to thank the CDC, because if it wasn’t for them I would not have acquired a summer internship.  I spent most of my summer working at a relatively large testing company along with some other students from WPI.  As an intern, I was exposed to multiple areas switching projects regularly. I spent time working on different thermal applications, some sensitive vibration and  computer aided design. Most importantly, the internship really confirmed my choice of mechanical engineering as the perfect major for me.

So I hope to keep all of you readers interested this year with the CDC, to get more of you down here and gear these events toward things you are thoroughly interested in. I’ll try and teach you all the tips and tricks I learned about how to prepare your resume correctly, use resources to their full potential and get you comfortable for your interview.  I want to help you start your professional career!

About the Author ()