Here’s to a New Beginning!

Filed in Life at WPI by on March 31, 2014

Hey WPI! My name is Omesh Kamat and I am a new Peer Advisor (currently in training) at the CDC. I am a sophomore at WPI, majoring in Mechanical Engineering with minors in Aerospace Engineering and Computer Science. I am also involved in a lot of things on campus. I am a Resident Advisor on Riley 4, Senator in Student Governement Association, and Vice President of Badminton Club.

I am so excited to be one of the new Peer Advisors! There are so many things I am looking forward to during the rest of D term and for the 2014-2015 school year. Number one reason would definitely have to be helping others and giving out tips and suggestions to make sure everyone succeeds. I am also looking to enhance my skills in time management, giving presentations, and writing. Finally, I am very excited and eager to meet the rest of the Peer Advisors who are currently away on IQP!

With summer approaching so quickly, I want to make sure I finish sophomore year on a strong note. Usually during this time, I would be frantically searching around and applying for summer jobs. Fortunately, thanks to the CDC, I received an offer for a summer internship that is related to my major and at a company I really like!

A tip to end my first blog: It is still not too late to get an internship for this summer. Are you worried that you might not get a job? You should definitely come to the “Internship and Job Search Workshop” held by the CDC, it will be held two more times before the end of D term. For more information, go to www.wpi.edu/+cdc and look under CDC Events.

Hope you enjoyed my first blog. Also, make sure to read my fellow Peer Advisor’s blog: Gianna!

Until next week,

Omesh

Tags: ,

About the Author ()

Hi everyone! My name is Omesh Kamat and I am a senior at WPI, majoring in Mechanical Engineering. I am also working towards getting minors in Aerospace Engineering and Computer Science. I am a Senior Peer Advisor at the CDC and I am here to help you and provide you with awesome tips! If you have any questions or suggestions for topics, please feel free to contact me!